Saffron Dukkah Spiced Grilled Chicken
Have you ever come across a Saffron Dukkah spice mix, a famous and remarkable Middle Eastern and Egyptian condiment, made with a beautiful blend of nuts, seeds and spices like pure Saffron! This versatile condiment is known to enhance the deliciousness of the simplest food items like yoghurt, bread, salad etc. In addition to this, one of the most favourite ways to experience its delectability is by making Chicken Dukkah. We are here to introduce you to a mouthwatering recipe of Dukkah-Crusted Grilled Chicken, an exciting way to bring remarkable flavours to your dinner table. In this recipe, we are going to use Dukkah Herbs & Spices Blend with Saffron which is an exciting blend of sunflower seeds, saffron, salt, Middle Eastern spices and pumpkin seeds. This will make your recipe easy to cook, more flavourful and will give a nice crunchy texture to your chicken.
Serving size: The recipe yields 4 servings.
Ingredients for Saffron Dukkah chicken
- Chicken breasts or chicken legs (with thighs and drumsticks), (4)
- Sea salt (1/2 teaspoon)
- Lemon juice (4 tablespoons)
- Egg whites (2)
- Olive oil (2-3 tablespoons)
- Saffron Dukkah spice mix (4 tablespoons)
Preparation of Dukkah marinated chicken
- To prepare this delicious marinated chicken, you need to first wash the chicken breast or chicken legs and then pat them dry completely.
- Now slice each breast piece into two by cutting them horizontally with one hand while applying pressure on them with the other hand to get a smooth cut. This will make it thinner and hence will make it easy to cook.
- The first step is to marinate the chicken with lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Let it sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Now it is time to coat them with the savoury Dukkah spice blend. For this, take 4 tablespoons of dukkah blend in a deep plate.
- Beat 2 egg whites in another deep plate. Take the marinated fillets and dip them completely into the egg whites one by one.
- Once each fillet is well-coated with the egg white, transfer them to the other plate with the dukkah spice mix. Coat it well with the spice mix by gently pressing with your hand.
- Now take a grill pan and put 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil into it. Heat it on low to medium heat. Start adding chicken fillets into the pan, only two at a time. Let them cook for about 2 minutes and then flip sides.
- Cook the other side for another 2 minutes. Flip again and then cover them with a lid. Cook them for at least 2 to 3 minutes.
- If necessary, flip sides and then cover again to cook for 1 or 2 minutes. Once they are done, remove them from the heat and add the next batch.
- Serve warm with any dip or salad of your choice. Add a few drops of lemon juice and enjoy.
You can enjoy this recipe with any other type of meat. Instead of using chicken breasts, you can also savour it with chicken drumsticks, or any kind of steak. All you need to do is just increase the cooking time to 4-5 minutes. In addition, you can also cook it on a barbeque grill to further enhance the flavours.