Juicy Chicken with Saffron BBQ Smokey Rub
You might have enjoyed Grilled Chicken breasts in a hotel or restaurant before but have you ever tried to make it at home? Sometimes it becomes hard to adjust the seasoning so in that case you need to grab a BBQ spice mix with real saffron to have restaurant-quality chicken. Moreover, it is always a struggle to make the perfect grilled chicken breast while keeping it moist. The reason is that chicken breasts have little to no fat on them due to which they tend to get dry more quickly. Here, we have brought you an amazing recipe for perfectly grilling chicken breast fillets with a delectable BBQ Smokey Rub with Saffron, while keeping them soft, moist and juicy. The secret lies in the delicious marinade and also it depends on how long you let the marinade sit to become absorbed into the chicken. So, if you are also interested to know the trick, sit back and enjoy reading.
Serving size: The recipe yields 3 servings.
Grilled Chicken with BBQ marinade Ingredients
- Mayonnaise (3 tablespoons)
- BBQ Smokey rub with Saffron (3 tablespoons)
- Olive Oil (1 to 2 teaspoons)
- Salt Flakes (as per requirement)
- Chicken Breasts (3 Medium-sized)
Preparation of BBQ Smokey Chicken
- The first step is preparing marinade for your chicken breasts. The key to keeping your chicken soft, moist and juicy right till the end, is to add some mayonnaise in the marinate. For this, take a large bowl and add 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise along with the Saffron-infused BBQ Smokey Rub, and one to two teaspoons of olive oil. Mix it thoroughly. Do not forget to taste it. You may add Salt Flakes to adjust the seasoning according to your taste if required.
- Add chicken breasts into the marinade and coat them well. Cover it with a lid and let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour. Alternatively, you can also put the marinate along with the chicken breasts in a ziplock bag. Shut it close and put it into the refrigerator. To enjoy the best taste, it is better to keep it overnight.
- Preheat your outdoor grill to about 200°C (400 to 450F). Before putting your chicken onto the grill, always make sure that your grill is clean as the meat is more prone to sticking to the grill when it is dirty.
- Turn the heat to Low and place chicken on the grill.
- After 4.5 minutes flip the breast pieces and cook them for another 4.5 minutes.
- If the chicken is not cooked yet, flip sides once again, cook for a couple of minutes and then flip again. Repeat the process until your chicken is completely done.
- The whole process hardly takes 15 to 20 minutes.
- Once it is done, take the pieces off the grill and cover them with aluminium foil or tin foil.
- Wait for about 7 to 8 minutes and then remove the foil. Serve your extravaganza grilled chicken breasts with some rice or with some sweet and sour dip. You can also serve it by cutting it diagonally into large chunks and presenting it with a salad.
- If you do not want to use chicken breasts, you can also try this recipe with 6 to 8 chicken thighs or drumsticks, fish, shrimp or other types of meat by repeating the same procedure.
- After cooking, wait until the grill cools down a bit and then clean it while it is still warm.