Hungarian Goulash with Kangaroo Meat & Saffron
Hungarian Goulash with Saffron
There’s a reason Goulash is the National dish in Hungary where it's known as ‘gulyás’, it’s the kind of soul food that generations enjoy together, and has been embraced across the globe for the rich, delicious sauce combined with the bare ingredients of beef and vegetables.
With our Hungarian Goulash + Saffron this hearty stew like soup is no-fuss
and very satisfying.
• Premium Persian Saffron
• Ideal for kangaroo, beef, chicken or vegetables
• Easy to open re-sealable pouch also keeps the spice blend fresh
Recipe Hungarian Goulash + Saffron
A one-pot wonder loved the world over, here's a twist on the classic using the very lean, sustainable (and tasty!) kangaroo instead of beef - but feel free to use beef or chicken. You’ll need:
- 2 tablespoons of Hungarian Goulash + Saffron
- 1.5 kg of kangaroo steak, cubed (about 1cm pieces)
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 2 red capsicums, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 bay leaves, whole
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Half a can of tomato puree
- Cooking oil of choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fry the steak in oil in a casserole dish or large, deep saucepan over medium heat until evenly cooked through.
- Add the onion and fry until brown then add the capsicum and garlic, and once cooked add the bay leaves, tomato paste, tomato puree and Hungarian Goulash + Saffron spice blend.
- Turn the heat down to low and allow the liquid to reduce until the meat is tender, around an hour.
- Serve with steamed vegetables and mashed potato.
Tip: For that special final touch sprinkle a pea-sized amount of our Premium Saffron on top before serving.