Barramundi with Macadamia Spice Blend and Saffron
Macadamia Spice Blend + Saffron
When you need a luxurious mid-week pick me up to elevate any meal, our signature Macadamia Spice Blend with Saffron ticks all of the boxes.
A unique blend of herbs, coconut and spices provide a smooth balance of the finest flavours.
• Premium Persian Saffron, not only full of lush flavour this ancient spice has major health benefits such as boosting the immune system
• Suitable for vegetarian or non-vegetarian dishes
• Easy to open re-sealable pouch also keeps the spice blend fresh
Get the best from your Macadamia Spice Blend + Saffron with this fast mid-week recipe, full of wholesome flavours it’s perfect with any fish but we can highly recommend barramundi!
Macadamia Barramundi with Saffron You’ll need
- One brown onion, diced
- A couple of gloves of garlic (suit amount to your taste)
- A fillet of barramundi per person
- Leafy salad greens
- Cherry tomatoes, halved or whole
- Cucumber, sliced
- Avocado cubed or sliced
- Cooking oil of choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash your vegetables and place in a salad bowl, mix the cherry tomatoes and sliced cucumber through, top with avocado, a sprinkle of salt and pepper to taste and drizzle a little olive oil on top, stir through and leave to the side.
- Take the barramundi fillets and gently remove the moisture with some paper towel, have them as dry as possible and set aside.
- In a hot pan gently fry the onion until translucent then add the garlic and gently brown.
- Remove the onion and garlic from the pan and put to one side.
- Using a brush or paper towel lightly coat both sides of the barramundi with oil, then sprinkle the Macadamia Spice Blend + Saffron onto each side.
- Fry both sides of the barramundi then add the garlic and onion back into the pan to finish.
Serve your Macadamia and Saffron barramundi on a plate with a generous serving of salad and enjoy with a glass of chardonnay!