Thai Lemon Lime & Chilli Chicken with Saffron
Thai lemon lime & chilli + Saffron
Our Thai lemon-lime & chilli + Saffron spice blend is full of mild, fresh flavours to enhance seafood or chicken. Stir fry or cook in a sauce and enjoy the zesty flavours of Thailand with this exclusive blend.
• Premium Persian Saffron
• Suitable for chicken or your favourite seafood
• Easy to open re-sealable pouch also keeps the spice blend fresh
Thai lemon-lime & chilli chicken with Saffron
Savour the delight of citrus-infused chicken with chilli and Saffron.
- 2 tablespoons of Thai lemon, lime & chilli + Saffron spice blend
- 500 g chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- A quarter cup of cornflour
- 1 bunch of spring onions, finely chopped
- 4 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Half cup of baby corn, sliced
- Half a cup of brown mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- Cooking oil of choice
- Fresh coriander, finely chopped to serve
- Lime, quartered, squeezed to serve
- In a bowl mix the Thai lemon, lime & chilli + Saffron spice blend and cornflour.
- Add the garlic, oyster sauce and fish sauce and mix until a paste forms.
- Once evenly combined add the chicken and mix thoroughly until the chicken is coated.
- Heat oil in a wok or pan (enough oil to half cover the chicken) and over high heat shallow fry the chicken in small batches, add a few spring onions into each batch as you go until all chicken is cooked and golden brown.
- Drain on a paper towel and toss in a large bowl with the fresh coriander and squeezes of lime.
- Serve with steamed rice and extra wedges of lime and coriander.
Tip: If you love a little extra spice include our Whole Red Chilli. Just ground one or two chilli’s with a mortar and pestle and mix through the paste - it will give the chicken a spicy kick, guaranteed to delight the senses!