Italian Pizza Herbs and Spice Mix with Saffron
Whether it be a night out with friends or while watching a movie with your loved ones or a Sunday meal with your family when you plan to stay in for a lovely weekend, an Italian pizza spiced with real saffron is always a great option to make your happy moments happier. However, ordering pizza for a whole group of friends and family is not always a budget-friendly option. So, the best thing to do is to “Make it at Home”. Also, if you are allergic to some ingredients or if you love particular flavour combinations then it is more convenient to make it yourself. An easy "Make at home pizza" using a Pizza Mix with Saffron would truly allow you to control the quality and it is a lot cheaper. Here’s an easy pizza recipe for you to try at home.
Serving size: The recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
For Pizza Dough
- Warm water (temp: 105°F-115°F), (1½ cups or 355 ml)
- Dry active yeast (5g packet or 2 ¼ teaspoons)
- Bread flour (490g or 3 ¾ cups)
- Extra virgin olive oil (2 tablespoons) (omit if you are cooking pizza in a wood-fired oven)
- Salt (1 teaspoon)
- Sugar (1 teaspoon)
For Pizza sauce and toppings
- Tomato sauce (¼ cup)
- Pizza Herb & Spice Mix with Saffron (½ tablespoon)
- Garlic Powder (½ teaspoon)
- Salt flakes (½ teaspoon)
- Freshly ground black pepper (½ teaspoon)
- Pepperoni slices (1½ cups)
- Shredded Mozzarella (1 cup)
- Grated Parmesan cheese (3 tablespoons)
- Monterey jack cheese (1 cup)
Dough and Pizza Preparation
- Take a large bowl and pour warm water into it. Now sprinkle the yeast and allow it to sit for 5 minutes or until the yeast is dissolved and begin to foam. (Note: if you are using instant yeast then you do not need to do this step. Instead, add the yeast directly to the flour).
- Then add the rest of the ingredients including salt, sugar, olive oil and flour and mix everything well.
- Now start kneading the dough for about 7 to 10 minutes. It should be a little sticky to touch when it is done.
- Coat the dough with a little bit of olive oil and cover it with plastic wrap. It is best to let it rest overnight in the refrigerator or place it in a warm place for about 1 ½ hours for a quick rise.
- After taking the dough out of the refrigerator let it come to room temperature before stretching it out.
- Preheat the oven at 246°C or 475°F for at least 30 minutes.
- Dust some flour on the surface and place the dough over it. Make 2 round balls of dough and start to stretch and flatten it with your hands.
- Brush some olive oil over the surface of the flattened dough and place it in the pizza pan. Gently press its edges according to the shape of the pan.
- To make pizza sauce, add a tablespoon of Pizza mix with tomato sauce in a pan. Over medium-high heat let it simmer for about 10 minutes. Add garlic powder, salt flakes and freshly ground pepper to it. Stir occasionally.
- Cover the pizza dough completely with the prepared sauce. Add pepperoni slices on top. You can always top your pizza with the ingredients of your choice.
- Now sprinkle half of the grated cheese mixture over it. Add another layer of pepperoni or vegetable of your choice and then cover it with the rest half of the grated cheese.
- Put it in the oven and bake it for about 20 minutes at 400°F or 204°C or until the crust becomes light-brown in colour.
Enjoy this easy pizza recipe with your loved ones.