Saffron Garam Masala Steak Bites
One of the best ways to season your steak is by using a well-balanced Garam Masala blend added with the goodness of pure saffron. Steaks can be made in a variety of ways using various cuts of meat. Some recipes taste utterly delicious but they often require a lot of patience, technique and time to cook. Alternatively, we have such recipes that do not require much time and patience but they might not be one of our favourites. And then we have our steaks that are super easy to cook, delectable, flavourful and amazingly healthy are they are a pure source of protein. If you are on a strict diet but wants something filling and flavoursome then a well-cooked steak can save your day.
Here we are sharing with you a delicious recipe of steak bites made with Saffron Garam Masala that requires just a few ingredients and hardly takes about 15 minutes to cook. This recipe can be best enjoyed by choosing the sirloin steak cut. You can also serve it with a salad or mash potatoes.
Serving size: The recipe yields 2 servings.
Garam Masala Steak Ingredients
- Extra Virgin Olive oil (1 tablespoon)
- Sirloin steak (2 pounds or 0.91 kg)
- Fresh Parsley leaves (1 tablespoon)
- Salt (1/2 teaspoon)
- Unsalted Butter (1/4 cup)
- Garlic (5 cloves)
- Garam Masala Blend (1/2 teaspoon)
- Saffron powder (1/4 teaspoon)
Preparation of Steak Bites
- Take your skirt steak and cut it into bite-size pieces. Each piece should be around 2 inches in size.
- Now it is time to season your mini steak pieces with some salt and garam masala. Put all the pieces in a bowl and sprinkle some salt and garam masala mix over them. Toss them well so that all the pieces are evenly coated with the seasoning.
- Next, you need to mince 5 cloves of garlic by smashing them and then continue chopping them until everything is nicely minced.
- Roughly chopped fresh parsley leaves for garnishing.
- Take any non-stick or stainless steel pot or pan and pour some olive oil into it. Set the pan on a stove at high heat.
- When the oil is hot enough, add some seasoned steak pieces into it. Do not put all the pieces all at once. Continue stirring them or flip their sides with the help of a wooden spoon. One batch of steak pieces will hardly take 4 to 5 minutes to cook thoroughly.
- Once they are done, take them out on a plate and start working on the next batch. Repeat the same procedure with this batch also.
- Once you are done with all the meat, reduce the heat to medium-low. Now add some butter and minced garlic into it. Now saute your garlic until it changes its colour to golden brown. This process will take a maximum of 2 minutes.
- At this point add some saffron powder into it. Saffron should not be cooked for a long time as it will reduce its effectiveness. So, cook it for almost 40 seconds.
- Now your mixture is all ready to be poured over the mini steak pieces. Toss them well and then serve them immediately. Enjoy!
This recipe can be best enjoyed with a sirloin steak. This steak type has the lowest amount of fat and is tender and juicy as compared to the flank steak which is a relatively tougher part of beef. However, you can try this recipe with almost any steak cut of your choice.