BBQ Prawns With Baharat Moroccan Spice Blend & Saffron
BBQ Prawns made with Saffron-infused Baharat Moroccan Spice Mix
Baharat is a classic Arabic spice blend, the word ‘Baharat’ translates to ‘spices’ in Arabic, and while every place has their unique Baharat, our blend features the warmth of Saffron to take Baharat to a new level. This energising spice blend combines some of the best things in life like cardamom, cumin, nutmeg and more to flavour seafood, stews or even dips. Barbecue with it, stir it through or bake it in - any way you use it, Baharat is a special blend.
• Premium Persian Saffron
• Suitable for seafood, chicken, lamb, stews or to flavour dips
• Easy to open re-sealable pouch also keeps the spice blend fresh
- 2 tablespoons Baharat Moroccan Blend with Saffron
- 1kg whole green prawns
- Cooking oil of choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A barbecue or grill Metal skewers
- Take the prawns and remove the legs with a knife but leave the head, shell and tail on.
- Give them a good wash under running water and then pat them dry with some paper towel.
- Preheat the barbecue.
- Place all of the prawns in a bowl then mix through the Baharat Moroccan Blend + Saffron a little at a time until all of the prawns are evenly coated. Place the prawns onto the metal skewers and heat a little oil on the barbecue grill.
- Cook each skewer for around 2 minutes each side or until the shells are pale and look crispy -
Enjoy with guests in the sun on a fine Summers day!
Tip: Elevate a humble hummus with a sprinkle on top of our Baharat Moroccan Blend + Saffron, serve with carrot and celery sticks for a healthy, delicious snack.