Butter Chicken with Saffron
Ask a friend to name an Indian dish and it’s pretty likely the answer will be ‘butter chicken’ The creamy, delicious Indian dish has made its way across the globe and is a favourite of all ages.
Our Butter chicken + Saffron spice blend is full of mild, fresh flavours including
the amazing Saffron to bring this beloved Indian dish to life without the hassle of grinding and mixing spices.
• Premium Persian Saffron
• Perfect for chicken
• Easy to open re-sealable pouch also keeps the spice blend fresh
Recipe: Classic Indian butter Chicken + Saffron
Savour the delight of this Indian classic with this easy recipe.
- 3 tablespoons of Butter chicken + Saffron spice blend
- 800 g of chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1.5 cups of plain yoghurt
- 800 ml of chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, diced or crushed
- 400 g tomato puree
- 2 limes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons of cashew nut butter
- 2 tablespoons of butter or our Saffron Ghee
- Cooking oil of choice
- Sea Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh coriander, finely chopped to serve
- In a bowl mix the Butter chicken + Saffron spice blend and half a cup of yoghurt
- Add the chicken to the bowl, coat all chicken pieces (adding extra yoghurt as needed) and leave covered, in the fridge at least a couple of hours before eating or overnight to marinate.
- Heat a frying pan to medium and cook the chicken in a little oil until cooked through and slightly browned.
- If you’re using stock cubes prepare the stock while the chicken cooks.
- In a separate pan, fry the onion and garlic, then add the tomato puree, cashew nut butter, a decent squeeze of lime and finally the stock and mix over low-medium heat.
- Once evenly combined add the chicken and mix thoroughly until the chicken is coated, then add the butter or ghee, and finally, slowly stir in the remaining yoghurt until all is smoothly combined.
- Allow to simmer and continue to stir occasionally, keeping the heat on medium-low
- Once the sauce has reduced by about 50% and the chicken is soft and tender (around 30 minutes) remove from the heat.
- Serve with fresh coriander leaves on top, lime and steamed rice, naan or roti on the side.