Chickpeas Curry with Saffron
Taste of India Spice Blend + Saffron Chickpea Curry
Curries are delicious, but they can also be complicated to make and sometimes you just don’t have all of the spices on hand or the time to make a truly great curry. With our Taste of India Blend with Saffron, you’ll get the best of both worlds; a sure-fire way to cook a great curry - without the extra effort in the kitchen.
The blend is also fabulous for coating meat and seafood, and because of the mild heat is suitable for all palates.
• Premium Persian Saffron
• Suitable for veggies, chicken, seafood and meat
• Easy to open re-sealable pouch also keeps the spice blend fresh
It’s really hard to go past a good vegetable curry, and this recipe uses the Indian Spice Blend + Saffron to deliver a truly satisfying dish bursting with nutrients. Feel free to substitute any vegetables you might have for this one-pot wonder.
Taste of India Spice Blend + Saffron Vegetable Curry
- 2 tablespoons Taste of India Spice Blend + Saffron
- Cooking oil of choice (coconut is great for this)
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- Half a cup of mushrooms, diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- Half head of broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A handful of coriander to serve
- A casserole dish or dutch oven
- Chop all vegetables, drain and rinse chickpeas and set to the side.
- Heat oil in the bottom of your casserole dish and gently brown the onion then add the garlic.
- add one table spoon of Taste of India with Saffron spice mix and stir
- Turn the heat low and slowly add all of the vegetables then cover with the coconut milk, canned tomatoes and cup of water stir through
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow to simmer, uncovered on low heat until all vegetables are soft.
- Serve in a bowl with a sprig of coriander on top.
Tip: Our Taste of India Blend + Saffron is very tasty with fish, use in a stew or as a dry rub and cook in your preferred manner. We’d love to know what your favourite fish to use is, let us know on social media!