Saffron Shrimp Curry with Roasted Curry Mix
Curry is highly diversified in taste because it is cooked with different spices, techniques and regionally available ingredients. A Roasted Curry Mix with pure Saffron and the right blend of spices can give these curry recipes a deep, rounded taste and aroma. Throughout the globe, sweet, savoury and spicy, curries are cooked with fresh meat, fish, vegetable and served with bread and rice that epitomize the flavour of the whole dish. Appetizing warm shrimp curry is one of the delicacies of southeast Asian cuisine which is famous for its delicate taste, rich flavour and mild spice. This shrimp curry is ideal for winter and a perfect midweek family meal. We have brought this unique curry recipe made with Roasted Curry Mix with Saffron which gives it a perfect taste, flair, irresistible flavour and exemplifies the taste of tender cooked shrimps.
Serving size: The recipe yields 4 servings.
Ingredients to make Shrimp Curry
For marination of Shrimps
- Shrimps (13-15)
- Oil (1 tablespoon)
- Salt Flakes (According to taste)
- Red chilli powder (½ teaspoon)
- Coconut oil (1 teaspoon)
- Garlic cloves (1-2)
- Roasted Curry Mix With Saffron (1 ½ tablespoon)
- Shallots (6)
- Ginger slices (4)
- Curry leaves (6-7)
- Tomato (1)
- Coconut milk (1 cup)
- Tamarind extract (1 ½ Tablespoon)
- Jaggery (1 small piece)
- Mustard seeds (½ teaspoon)
- Red chilli (1)
- Oil (1 teaspoon)
- Grated coconut (1 tablespoon)
- Curry leaves (4)
Preparation of Shrimp Curry
- Take a shrimp in a bowl. Deshell and devein them. To deshell, pull off the legs of shrimp, use the thumb to break the shell open along the underside and pull off the shell. To devein the shrimp run knife on the back of the shrimp. Slightly pull the shrimp apart and remove the vein with help of the knife
- After preparing the shrimp now add red chilli powder, salt and coconut oil to it and mix it well. And leave it for about 10 minutes so all the flavours incorporate well.
- Ground ginger in a mortar and pestle. Make a fine paste.
- Slice shallots and tomatoes.
- The first thing that you need to do is to heat a pan over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp oil to it. Put the marinated shrimp in it and sear them lightly. After they cooked put them aside.
- Now take another pan and add coconut oil to it. Add sliced shallots into it. You need to cook them for about 3-4 minutes. Constantly stir it to avoid burning.
- Once the shallots are cooked, it is time to add ginger paste, and garlic. Let it cook.
- Now add the Roasted Spice Mix with Saffron. Incorporate everything well. Add 2 tbsp coconut milk and cook it for about 3 minutes. Stir occasionally and wait until the mixture is well-combined.
- Now add the remaining coconut milk and stir it for a minute.
- Now it is time to add the diced tomatoes and curry leaves. Mix it well. Put tamarind extract and salt in it and cook them. Add jaggery in it. And simmer it for 4 minutes.
- Add seared shrimp, mix them well and let it simmer for 3-4minutes on low flame.
- In a separate pan add oil, mustard seeds, sliced red chilli, curry leaves and grated coconut for 2 minutes.
- Top the curry with the flaming oil mixture at the time of serving.
Serve it with rice or flatbread.