Fiji One Pot Vegetable Heaven with Saffron
Fiji one pot vegetable heaven
Inspired by the beautiful island of Fiji let the island vibes whisk you away with our Fiji Spice blend & Saffron, an ode to island life and the sweet life of spice. We combine island-inspired spices with our signature premium Saffron to create a delicious mild blend.
• Premium Persian Saffron
• Ideal for vegetables, fish, chicken or meat.
• Easy to open re-sealable pouch also keeps the spice blend fresh
Recipe Fiji one pot vegetable heaven
This mild blend provides the ideal base for vegetables and this simple, healthy one-pot recipe will convert even the meat-eaters in your life, it’s veggie heaven!
- 2 tablespoons of Fiji Spice blend + Saffron
- 1 small brown onion, diced
- Half a cup of chopped cauliflower
- Half a cup of chopped carrots
- Half a cup of chopped capsicum
- Half a cup of chopped green beans
- Cooking oil of choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium, pan fry the onion with some oil until brown then turn the heat down to low
- Add the garlic and gently sauté
- Add two tablespoons of the Fiji Spice Blend + Saffron
- Mix with the onion and garlic to make a paste - add a little warm water if it’s too thick.
- Add the remaining vegetables and enough room temperature water to cover the top of the vegetables, stir until all evenly combined. Turn the heat onto low and allow to reduce.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Tip: Substitute oil for our Saffron Ghee to increase the nutritional value of this meal, with the goodness of antioxidants, good fatty acids, vitamins A & E plus a range of minerals our Saffron Ghee is a fabulous addition.