Kansas City BBQ Chicken with Saffron
Kansas BBQ is renowned for the slow-cooked, Smokey flavoured meat which originated at the beginning of the 20th Century.
We have captured the best of these flavours in our Kansas BBQ Spice Blend with Saffron.
The sweet and spicy taste profile is perfect for a rub, marinade or sprinkled on top of beef, pork or chicken.
• Premium Persian Saffron
• Perfect for roasts and slow-cooked meat on the BBQ
• Easy to open re-sealable pouch also keeps the spice blend fresh
An icon in Kansas City, this BBQ chicken will make your mouth water from the time it starts cooking until the moment you take your first bite.
- 2 tablespoons of Kansas BBQ + Saffron spice blend
- Half a dozen skinless chicken breasts
- A third of a cup of your favourite BBQ sauce
- Cooking oil of choice
- Sea Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine Kansas BBQ + Saffron spice blend with BBQ sauce, mix well.
- Place the chicken breasts in a large zip lock bag and spoon the spice and sauce mix into the bag, seal and shake until all chicken breasts are coated.
- Pop into the refrigerator for at least two hours before eating, or even overnight.
- Heat the BBQ or pan to medium, splash a little oil on and cook the chicken for around 3 minutes, until browned on the first side, then turn over and cook until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with coleslaw or steamed beans.
Tip: If you love a little extra spice include a spoon of Hot Saffron Harissa or Just ground one or two chilli’s with a mortar and pestle and mix through the paste - it will give the chicken a spicy kick, guaranteed to delight the senses!