Saffron Memphis Wings with Sweet Potato Fries
Memphis Saffron Honey Wings with baked Fries
Regardless of where you are in the world, there are certain dishes which you’ll see on the menu time and time again, Memphis Wings is one of those dishes, and for good reason!
This delicious staple dish has some heat to keep you warm and is full of savoury flavours to keep you coming back for more. With the addition of luxe Saffron, we promise you’ve never had chicken wings quite like this!
• Premium Persian Saffron
• Suitable for chicken and meat
• Easy to open re-sealable pouch also keeps the spice blend fresh
Enjoy your wings with this easy and delicious recipe.
Memphis Wings with sweet potato fries
- 2 - 4 tablespoons of Memphis Wings + Saffron spice mix (adjust to suit) 2 kg of chicken wings (serves 6 or gives you plenty of leftovers!)
- A large zip lock bag
- Cooking oil of choice
- Half a teaspoon of sweet smoked paprika
- Salt and Pepper
- A handful of fresh coriander
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- Baking trays (non-stick or coated with baking paper)
- Saffron Honey
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Your sweet potato fries will need roughly a 10 minute head start so have everything ready to go so the fries and wings can go into the oven at the same time.
- Clean the sweet potatoes under water to remove any dirt, then slice into even fries (remember the larger they are the longer they will take to bake, so try for 2 cm max thickness) place the fries into a large mixing bowl and drizzle with your oil of choice, paprika and a pinch of pepper - mix until all fries are coated.
- Take a baking tray and spread the fries out with space around them to ensure efficient cooking. Drizzle some oil on top and place in the oven, set the timer for 35 - 40 minutes.
- Next, rinse the chicken wings in cool water and gently dry. Add 2 - 4 tablespoons of Memphis Wings Saffron spice to the large zip lock bag then add the chicken wings. You may have to do this in a couple of smaller batches depending on the size of your bag, don’t overfill it to ensure the wings are evenly coated. Close the bag and shake it until all wings are coated then gently take the wings and lay them on a non-stick baking pan, or if you don’t have a non-stick pan ensure you use baking paper or a good swig of your cooking oil of choice in the bottom of the pan so the wings don’t stick.
- Once all of the wings are evenly coated place the wings in the baking pan and ensure they’re evenly spaced. Bake for 25 - 30 or until cooked. Give them a turn at about the halfway mark to ensure both sides brown.
- Remove the fries and wings from the oven once brown. Sprinkle salt on the fries and shake on the tray before placing in small bowls.
- Stack the wings neatly in a large bowl and drizzle Saffron Honey on top of the warm wings, serve with a few springs of coriander on top and a good beer.
Tip: Sweet potato fries are also really delicious with the Memphis Wings + Saffron spice blend, just mix it through instead of the paprika before you bake for a really special seasoned fry!