Shakshuka Eggs with Saffron Harissa
Shakshuka Eggs with Saffron Harissa are a fabulous addition to any Breakfast menu, they also make for a delicious dinner on a lazy Sunday night.
- 2 tablespoons of Saffron Harissa
- 1 can of cannelloni beans, drained
- 2 cans of chopped tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 100 ml of oil of choice
- 4 - 6 eggs (depending on the size of the eggs and the size of your skillet)
- A handful of parsley, roughly chopped
- A handful of coriander, roughly chopped
- Cheese to top (optional) goats feta works well
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Extra salsa or chilli flakes for the heat lovers
- A large cast-iron skillet
- Preheat the oven to 220°c, drizzle oil in the base of a cast-iron skillet and layer in the beans, tomatoes, garlic and harissa - stir well until all combined. Roast for 30 minutes
- then remove from the oven, turn the heat down to 180 degrees.
- In the skillet use the back of a tablespoon to make 6 egg-sized wells and crack an egg into each.
- Place the skillet back into the oven and bake until each egg is cooked through.
- Serve with optional feta crumbled on top, herbs and some fresh sourdough to sop up the juice.
Tip: If you have mini skillets or ramekins you can make single serves - ideal for serving brunch for guests.