Beef Vindaloo with Saffron
A warming Beef Vindaloo is a satisfying, tangy dish with just the right amount of spice. Beef Vindaloo is a popular and well-loved Indian dish across the globe and with our Beef Vindaloo + Saffron mix you can enjoy this restaurant favourite anytime at home!
• Premium Persian Saffron
• Ideal for any cut of beef or experiment and try with kangaroo or chicken
• Easy to open re-sealable pouch also keeps the spice blend fresh
Easy beef Vindaloo With our spice blend and this easy recipe, you will have a delicious Beef Vindaloo on your family table in no time!
- 2 tablespoons of Beef Vindaloo + Saffron spice blend
- 1 kg of chuck steak, chopped into 2 cm cubes
- 2 brown onions, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 3 tomatoes, chopped into (roughly) 2 cm cubes
- 3 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- 1 cup of water
- Cooking oil of choice (or our Saffron Ghee)
- Sea Salt and pepper to taste
- Coriander, chopped to serve
- Begin by mixing the Beef Vindaloo + Saffron spice blend and tomato paste - once combined add the beef and mix until evenly distributed. Cover and place in the fridge to marinate, overnight if possible, if not a couple of hours before you intend on eating.
- Once the beef has finished marinating remove from the fridge and set to the side.
- In a casserole pot or large deep saucepan sauté the onion in a splash of oil, once translucent add the garlic.
- Add the vinegar and tomatoes and sauté until the tomatoes begin to break down then add the beef, cover with water and turn the heat up while stirring until it boils, then reduce to low and cover.
- Leave to simmer, stirring occasionally, for around an hour - you’ll know it’s time when the sauce is thick and the beef is cooked through and tender.
- Serve garnished with coriander and with a side of Saffron rice for a fragrant and beautiful side dish.
create gorgeous, traditional rice to enjoy with your Beef Vindaloo.
Tip: If you love a little extra kick include some Whole Red Chilli. Just ground one or two chilli’s with a mortar and pestle and sprinkle into the marinade or on top before serving.